Thursday, April 29, 2010

NOTE TO SELF: If He Can Remove His Teeth, Don't Let Him Cut Your Hair

Here is Little Leroy spinning in
non-other than the Spinning Teacups!
Seemed appropriate...

OK people, last weekend was Disney World,
My second home!!
Really, it is, they say "Welcome Home" when I arrive!
Makes me tear up every time!

And this is the Boardwalk,
The best resort on Disney property!
Trust me, I've stayed at nearly every hotel
Disney has to offer and the Boardwalk
is even better than the Grand Floridian!
At least IMO

First Stop:
Sushi in Japan in Epcot's World Showcase

Oh wait, I have to take a break from the
fabulous mini-Disney vacation land
to tell you about my horrible hair adventures.

This was my hair 2 weeks ago in Germany:
(pretty right?)

BUT....
while in Germany I watched all 4 seasons of
Battlestar Galactica back to back
and Starbuck became my hero
and she cut her own hair
and she was awesome and she could fly anything
so I thought, "OOoo I want to be like Starbuck!"
I didn't do anything yet...

Then I went to DC and noticed in pictures that my
hair was all flying all over the place and I thought,
well I could clean it up just a bit...
I didn't do anything yet...

Then I came home and it was warm outside
and I was able to put the top down on Fredie
for the first time this year! YAY

This is Fredie:He likes coffee

And all of the sudden my hair was in my face.
So.... I went home and cut it myself.

This was the result:
It wasn't that bad, I was proud of the job I did!
But I did realize that there were some areas that
I couldn't get to and while in Disney I had a "bright" idea.

"I know, I'll go to the Main Street Barber Shop
in the Magic Kingdom!"

So I go in and explain that all I want is
to have the sides and back trimmed
(short in the back and down to an angle to the front)
He says "oh I know exactly what you mean"

He was a very nice guy
(and if you ever read this, I don't mean to hurt your feelings)
But I should have turned around and left
the minute I realized that he was
way too old to have any clue at how to
cut a young "hip" haircut.

He turned me away from the mirror and the scissors started flying.
I knew something was wrong when he used the clippers
to go over the top of my ears...
5 minutes later, he spun me around
and I let out a loud GASP!

Then I tried to be nice, "oh... well... that's different...
different is good... I'm not afraid to be different..."

So here it is:
My travel mates tried to convince me that it wasn't that bad.
But there was just something about this haircut.
It was way to short in the back and sides,
forget about the pretty wispy parts that came down on the sides,
and for some reason,
he left this huge chunk of longer hair right in the front.
But it was uneven and terrible and just plain wrong.

I then went to see the Tiki Birds and sat there and cried.

The next time I let a stranger cut my hair I will start out with
"I'M NOT GAY"

Although, on a good note, our waitress at Mama Melrose's
was checking me out and even had
the chef whip up some of the amazing bread dip
that they removed from the menu (that was amazing!).

Still not happy about the hair but making the most of it:

Travel Mate Matt and part of my beloved Geek Squad
with "his precious"

OK so long story short, I complained endlessly about the hair.
Then I spiked it straight up and cut the front part myself.
Then I said, heck I did that part myself,
I bet I can do the color too!
So I dyed it all by myself too!

(Well with a bit of help from Craftypuppylover!
THanks!)

And it's not what I was originally going for but,
I like it, and I think I did an OK job!
Besides, it's just hair, right?

And what ever it is, it's much much better than
what ever it was that he did to it!


And now, some more pictures of Leroy in Disney World:





On the way home from Disney,
I called a mandatory stop in Atlanta
for STITCHES SOUTH!
WOOOOOOOOO

And LOOK!
Leroy found his long lost family!!
I was totally excited to find a slew of
Jenkins Spindles there!
There were 2 sizes bigger than the Turkish Delight!
I had thought there was only one size bigger!

Who knew!

They were priced for $60 each,
which was a bit steep since I can get
them from Wanda and Ed directly for $50.
And I had a bit of a guilt issue since
I felt like if I bought one I would be cheating
on them in some weird way!

I did end up getting one of the mid sizes in Zebra wood
You can see it hanging in the bag
behind Leroy, to the right!
It's a 1.3oz / 37g
and it looks so pretty when it spins!


I didn't get many pics in Stitches,
mainly because I was excited,
also because I had people waiting on me...
but it was totally worth going!

And from looking at this picture...
I can't imagine why people always
associate knitting with old women...

One of the highlights of going to Stitches was
that I met Jennifer Pace and got
to see her Nice Hooters!!!
Of course, I bought a copy of the pattern
and picked out some yarn from Miss Babs
to make him with!

Jennifer saw a picture of Bailey and really encouraged me
to publish the pattern for him as well.
I suppose I'll have to think about it...

And probably talk to Lelly about it too...